Originally Posted by ekp

I agree. I do hunt but also an avid collector and reloader. I spend a lot of time working up loads for my rifles. One of the reasons I do collect is to buy rifles in calibers I have always been interested in and experimenting with loads for them. I am not sure what I will hunt with this year it is always a hard choice for me. I have taken a deer with my 300 Savage still waiting is my 303 Savage and the 250.

Going to the range time after time with the same loads and guns knowing its going to shoot the same, feels like I'm getting stagnant. I very well might stick with my time proven go to loads, but love playing with various combinations to mix things up. Hell, I might even learn something new in the process. This particular twang is motivated by will a 1-13 1/2 twist be more stabilizing than a 1-14 twist for 100 grainers in my 250-3000 EG. Inquiring minds want to know. I might find this to be successful experiment, but won't know till I go out and play. As previously stated, aint a whitetail on the continent going to be able to tell the difference between 87 and 100s, but I will have had the kid on christmas eve type of euphoria going thru the process. Have multiple loads for all my shootin irons, and can garantee before my time is up will generate a few more.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain