Originally Posted by Pappy348
I seriously doubt that they want to try to turn their good, solid, economy-priced rimfire into a show piece. That's the niche the 77/22 fills.

The sights are considered a plus by lots of folks as they are becoming rare on rifle of all sorts these days. I do think that they should be screw-mounted so folks like you can remove them cleanly.

I think you are probably right. My reasoning is the RAR was designed with low cost manufacturing as a goal. I think I read that, now it could just be marketing or my bad memory. Regardless, the 77/22 strikes me as way over priced, although I am sure it has some following. The 77/44 and new 17 WSM strike ma as pretty nice or unique guns, bad triggers and all. Since CZ has dumped the 452/453 for a cheaper to build 455 less rigid design, I guess there maybe a niche for the 77/22. Maybe?

My vision is a gun priced competitive with CZ with nice wood and steel. Competitive in looks, accuracy and price. That may not be feasible, just a though. That would fall midway between 77/22 and RAR. That while keeping the current RAR at its excellent price for performance. Not replacing the value packed RAR but adding an upscale option. Walnut, steel and lower cost than 77/22. A lot lower.