Originally Posted by avagadro
How many 77/22's have you owned? If you're just looking at a $$ perspective maybe. The 77/22 shines on so many avenues I own 3 AND 3 453/2's .... not picking one over the other yet. .... The American 453 is still new to me, but could overhaul the 77/22 Varmint I built (blue/walnut with shilen varmint barrel) .... the 453 Varmint and my Ruger varmint run together ... still no real favorite (& I have the same cash in each rifle!!!)

I test fired a 77/357 but never owned any 77/xxx of my own. I like the concept of 77/44 but not able to justify the buy. Then after the test firing a 357, I lost interest anyway. I also like the 77/17wsm but 17 is not my cup of tea. I really did look seriously into buying a 77 in 22 hornet (years ago) but; rumored accuracy issues scared me away. IMHO, all nit picks aside, the 77 guns shine in the center fire versions.

I also never re-barreled any gun and I dont see that in my future. That is just me.

My main point is the better design and more efficient to manufacture Ruger American is an opportunity for Ruger to challenge the CZ at their price & quality level. I do have a 453 and its a great gun. I think the shift to 455 could be an opening for Ruger. Then agian, that maybe just me, most dont know a 453 or 452 from a 455.

This birch RAR with its a wierd design does nothing for me. So much more seems possible. I can wait. Just like the lefties, in time anything can happen.