I would never part with a BFR for any reason. Best large cartridges ever designed are the .475 and .500 JRH.
Once I got them under control off hand, just about every deer has been belly up at the shot with no meat loss.
Nothing wrong with a .45 Colt of course, it will live forever. Always a good choice. So is a .44 mag.
One thing I have found is shorter brass is never as accurate so if you download, it is best to use FL brass. The .480 is great but a designated .480 is better then shooting .480 brass from a .475. Goes for every caliber too.
I don't like the .454, .460 or .500 S&W. Do not need the velocities for anything here and if you shoot cast you need to work with boolits too much. Even the JRH gave me trouble until I cast a softer nose, it was a hole punch at first.
I have killed many deer with my ROA and round balls, they died faster then those hit with the .44 mag so the gun would work on pigs too but you need close shots because twist is wrong for velocity you can get and accuracy is not good at distance.
My friend Pete has taken many deer with a REM C&B so it is also a good choice as is a 1911 .45 ACP.
It always comes down to the bullet/boolit you use, not the size of the caliber. You might be surprised what a BP revolver can do.
I do like larger calibers though but not the whiz-Bang super mags.