The family and I were at the Warrens WI Cranberry Festival last September and while going thru the arts and crafts section, I spotted a wildlife print that caused a Deja vu experience. In my excitement, I blurted out...I was there...the artist must have been there! The vendor gave me a quick anxious look and the family members came over to see what all the fuss was about.

I explained to the family that this print depicts a hunting scene that goes thru my mind from time to time. The bog, brush, the single popple tree, it all looks the same. Although I have pics of the deer, this is like a video still shot of that moment when I took the shot.

Picked it up from the frame shop this morning and hung it up.

Three doe had crossed the clearing earlier and at the woods edge turned and looked back at their trail. A couple minutes later the buck and doe emerged. The print shows the deer closer than the shot I took from my tree stand which was a lasered 80 yards. Savage M99-A 250-3000 load with a Speer 87 grain bullet broke the near shoulder, got the lungs but did not exit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A shot from my easy chair. grin

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime