Originally Posted by RogerD
This 1955 might be too early,but a nice rifle.

http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/65/lid/3680

Hi RogerD, My current "Carlos" is a stone cold stock 56' Target on a sporter stock, it was civilian and had very few rounds down the tube when I got her, I'm going for a true un -drilled rear bridge pre- war with cloverleaf tang in the correct SN range for this build, TBA was very good but Mike is getting some age on him now and my last buddy that had one done was like a 2 yr wait, I'm to damn old for that kind of wait now, My biggest problem now is finding the correct 8X scope and having the parts anodized black as was correct, the USMC marked ones are going for 5K so I'm now going down that road, that one marking will be the only thing that is not to the last detail, Carlos never used the scope spring and pulled the scope back to battery by hand each shot, I may or may not remove the spring on mine...Ive been offered some big bucks several times for my Carlos, but the damn thing is just pure azz lucky when I take him whitetail hunting, last year I did not even make it half way to stand before I spotted a nice freezer buck, I had to crawl 30 yards to get the shot but it ended up being about 330 paces, the buck went down like a sack of cow feed, I lost him in the scope so fast I thought I had missed him, Im not bad about missing, The guys had left my house to run to store 6 mi away for a case of 8 oz bud lites ( I call em baby blues or blue gills , they get ice cold and go down in 3 sips )and when they returned I was waiting and wanted help loading , field dressing and getting to our processor.... they could not believe 20 min earlier I had told em' to hurry up I was going to get a deer! I can feel when they will move up here on river! Ive hunted here 30 years, I feed the does but have never shot one! The does are the very best BUCK bait made!!!! Ive got pix somewhere.. the very best WinPoor
Remember the toes you step on going up! ,they may be attached to the azz you kiss going down!!! Adolph Brock Jr.
[Linked Image]
Another 'Carlos freezer buck!
[Linked Image]
A custom 25-06 , 53' 70, with a shilen barrel and Borden RimRock stock, my foul weather pre 64....
[Linked Image]
Prob, same deer after field dressing, same cloths. I could post mod 70 deer pix all day long!
[Linked Image]
A good one as I was HORN hunting on this one!
[Linked Image]
I spring turkey hunt with my GrandDads ,Adolph Sr, model 97, still using paper hull no.2 high brass, 30" full choke, damn thing shoots like a rifle and leaves a blue spot on shoulder every time, Do not have back to a big white oak when you drop the hammer! Im speaking from experience!
[Linked Image]