A .264 early std. that was unfired since Winchester stamped the WP on, then a freezer buck on shot 9 after scope and tune up. I will keep and fair weather hunt this one till the bitter end, Grandson or nephew will get this one as it took me 30 years to find it!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I could post these all day as we get to nail 12 goats a year,I put first 2 in my freezer, then I have some tree hugger friends that do not hunt but love the meat plus and old mentor that cannot hunt anymore. I have em field dressed and at the processors cooler in less than 45 min.Ive slowed down now as I used to stop at number 5 then start 'HORN' hunting for the old ghost that has been putting the slip on me for about 6 years!!!
I do not know if I nailed this one or put my burnt out BIL on him,either way a nice river buck!
[Linked Image]
edit, I neck shot him with 'Carlos'
Here is a dink he shot! LOL
[Linked Image]
Freezer buck shot within 15 min opening day many years ago, biggest thing about him was nuts!
[Linked Image]
Same opening day dink I think My stand is at edge of woods over shoulder, look to the right of hand and finger pointed up head on front shot was all he would give me! Notice the shadows, I shot him walked to river house and got truck all before the sun was up good! 245 yard shot, bang flop like you wilted him in track! That is what I do, I want nothing to suffer nor run, I want his mind on a does azz one second and in deer heaven in blink of eye!!! When I was young my Dad who taught me to shoot Winchesters on his Grandfathers gun would say! Buddy drop him and dont waste ANY meat! I started ear shooting and a 10 point would only give me white spot on throat up at 200, I was shooting an 06 BOSS and hit him between eyes so hard the rack split side to side! 165 gr fed prem BT's.This dink was heavy and fat! I have a problem up here with horns not matching body size! Ive killed 200lb deer with little basket racks!The wildlife managers say I need to shoot em, they also say I need to shoot the does BUT I dam sure will not!I know how a good looking WOMAN can trap me!!! The Bucks are the same!! I started doing neck and leaving ear and head shots alone as that split head deer would have been worth mounting! 130 point B&C that is nice for SW GA!
[Linked Image]
Post 64's shoot too! I was burning woods in Feb and this one went to trotting at 210 yards, mange coyote meets 110 gr accubond from a Coyote Lite in 25 WSSM! Edit, photo on next post.

Enough photobucket! very best WinPoor