Yes, I still have the gun and it is one of those never sell guns. Been with me too long and too many good memories with it to ever let it go. Someday I'll make some young trapper happy with it.

Actually its appearance belies the thousand of miles its traveled or the hundreds of critters it has dispatched. Other than some pretty significant holster wear it has held up very well. I always kept it wiped down and never stored it holstered.

The old holster has more character marks than the gun. I was pretty poor back in those days and I could neither find nor afford a new left handed holster for it. I didn't like the nylon ones as I was about to wear through my second one and wanted a left handed leather holster for it. One of the gun shops in town was always coming across box lots of stuff from estates and he always had used holsters. When I bought this one for $5 it was right handed so I cut the stitching, reversed the holster and resewed it. Twenty years later it's still serviceable, albeit needing a little mink oil.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by mart; 08/18/15.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.