I trapped in SW GA swamps,the Flint river and the many creeks and Plantation ponds of Thomas,Grady and Decatur Co GA back in the mid to late 70's, started out with a colt 6" match target that looked like hell but shot like a house afire ( as a side note I had it blasted and Ceracoated deep OD green) My daughter was Annie Oakley with that gun and has it now. A very good hunting buddy had his FFL and I ordered a brand new then Browning pump .22mag and a 4X leupold scope with duplex reticule. Folks could not believe how accurate that damn gun is,I hated the -made in japan -stamp, the bluing came off the receiver from many miles of bad weather and riding on dash board of pick up truck. My Dad and favorite younger cousin marveled at the accuracy. I am having the receiver Creracoated a deep bronze color and leaving the barrel and mag tube blue, I may refinish wood. I payed all of $182.00 for the gun back in the day!It never let me down from rattlesnakes,beaver, otter,gator all the way to a whitetail or 3. Great work gun with many miles. very best WinPoor