Originally Posted by lvmiker
GG, some people have access to MP5ks w/ silencer. Some people can shoot them w/ mastery. Because this is outside of your experience does not alter the facts. The secret service used to run micro and mini Uzis in a very effective manner. It is the archer not the arrow.

mike r
I have a LOT of experience with SMG's. The USSS had butt-stocks on their UZI's. An MP5K with an extended buttstock such as the one on the PDW can be effective. Even the crappy H&K retractable stock can turn a useless MP5K into an effective weapon. But without the buttstock, you're much better armed with a handgun. I've seen it time and time and time again. Put up 5 targets at nearly any range, one guy with a handgun and one guy with a stockless machine pistol, the guy with the handgun will put effective fire on all 5 targets in much shorter time.

Now when you extend the stock, everything changes. My comments were directed to the MP5K that was in MM's photo; worhtless. Take that same SMG and put the PDW stock on it, and it becomes an effective weapon.

Last edited by GunGeek; 08/19/15.