Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by KC
Originally Posted by atvalaska
No polypropylene ...it will rain indoors with that setup I believe

atvalaska:

It's obviously a double-wall tent. Condensation should be limited to the rainfly just like any other double-wall tent. Am I missing something here?

KC

The 'Oven" uses a micro-fiber, non-woven "fabric" on the inside. That is what they promote as being a significant factor in making these tents as effective as they are. In colder weather, the breathing capability of the inner fabric separates "effective" from the rest. While I've used good REI, Cabelas, and other foreign origin knock-offs, the materials never seem to be chosen to the same specs that the more reputable manufacturers (North Face, Marmot, AK T&T, etc.) use. That said, that Cabelas tent is probably a pretty nice tent, at least into late fall weather.

Totally agree on this. The good cabelas are ok, probably down to zero IMHO, as we've been in them at 10 for sure and no issues that bother us flat landers that are used to(but hate) 100s plus... IE +10 is chilly for us.

It would not be a 4 season tent IMHO.

And if it was much past late fall in AK, I would not trust it much either.... bombshelter or arctic oven for that IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....