Originally Posted by 16bore
If BC could get the inlet correct, fastener holes correct, and lose the termite holes, they might be a D+. No way they are equal to a HS.
That's my take as well.

Their primary accolade is cost. If you get a dud, you'll be dollars ahead with a McMillan if your time is worth anything. I've had several B&Cs that run the gamut from garbage to not too bad. Never handled or shot one that made me think, "Wow, what a great stock." I think they have better ergonomics than HS, but never seen one rival the quality of an HS in either the inlet or composition. Though B&C service is fair when you need it, I've better customer service experience with HS and McMillan. However in fairness, my CS issues with all three have been pretty rare.

I think that if you have to have a cheap stock then maybe a B&C is a good way to go, but I don't consider them a good value. Obviously others find them perfectly suitable and I think part of that satisfaction is due to the differing expectations of various shooters. Some guys are perfectly satisfied with tupperware on their rifles and I'd have a hard time thinking that a B&C wouldn't be considered a huge step up for them. Others have higher expectations and the B&C stocks I've been acquainted with simply couldn't satisfy those expectations...

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.