The 85gr SGK gets a lot of well-deserved praise around here but I hear very little about the 100gr version. I have a good load worked up with the 85gr and it worked well on a large doe last year at 355yds. However, looking at a ballistics table, 350yds is about where the 85gr starts losing steam quickly due to the low BC, even when starting at 3490fps. I have plenty of other rifles to use at shorter ranges and would really like to use this one over fields where 400yd+ shots wouldn't be uncommon, and shots under 200yds would be. With my 10 twist barrel, the high BC target type hunting bullets are out of the question but the 100gr SGK is supposed to work. At .430, the BC is respectable for a general hunting bullet. The ballistics on it at 3300fps look to give me at least a couple hundred yds more effective range. I know it might be prone to explosiveness at close range at that speed, but I don't expect to be taking sub-200yd shoots with this particular rifle.

I'm thinking about using the 85gr as a long range coyote load and working up one with the 100gr for long range doe culling.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.