The reamer is a new PT&G because he had to order it for this gun. The chamber has a light chamfer (the bright ring that isn't blued)but doesn't have what I would call a bevel. I tried to get a picture to show the rough/rusted chamber and the chamfer:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I don't think the scratches are from the loading gate because they are around the entire circumference of the case. They look similar to scratches I have seen on guns that have rusty chambers from poorly dehumidified arms rooms. I have a tool I can polish the chamber with but that is what I paid him (not yet tho) for. This is a fired round with a .30-30 Win that got cycled through the mag, into the chamber and ejected. The parent case has a scratch on one side from cycling and does not resemble the fired case scratches.
[Linked Image]

I considered doing a Wild West trigger but he said he could clean the trigger up so I let him; I should have bought the Wild West trigger.

I guess what I'm looking for is an indication of whether y'all think this can be remedied with set back, re-chamber,and another go at the trigger. Or does this need to go to another smith to fix it?