Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
The Creedmoor is the way to go. 2.80" magazine offers great flexibility in reloading over the 260. I own both the 260 and 6.5 Creedmoor, both are accurate the Creedmoor is my favorite of the two cartridges hands down.
In a 2.80" magazine if you decide to go with the 260, shooting the hard hitting 140s is pretty difficult. The Creedmoor...no problemo!

I'd love to hear how your Creed kicked your .260's ass with 140s loaded to 2.8".....

I've run'em side by side, in a couple different rifles.... more than once... and there is no discernible difference between the two at 2.8". I think the Creed guys get a little more performance, because they push it a little harder, visa vis the Ackley guys.... they need to convince themselves they've got a better mouse trap.

The x47 is a cool little round, and mine was the single most accurate rifle I've ever owned..... until the temps were single digits or less.... then it was roughly minute of tennis ball. Small rifle primers, super cold weather, and 40+ grains of powder didn't go together well for me. Rumor has it that CCI 250s will remedy that.... but I'm not interested in a gun that requires one specific primer to run well.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......