I don't really care what brand of safety system anyone chooses. However every person in a tree should be using a safety harness.

This year was especially scary and the fall involved was on the ground. However the serious nature of the event and the time to get help was surprisingly longer then I would have ever imagined. Even with the victim that could walk, well sorta walk out on her own. Her leg was cut very badly and needed stitches at the ER, plus dislocated her shoulder and separated collar bone. Pants soaked with blood and a 2/3 mile walk to the vehicle.

This was a 7' fall off an embankment. I reflect back on this thinking what if!

What if it was me and I was alone?
What if it was from the height of the tree stand and not the embankment?
What if the victim was unconscious and needed a medic, ambulance, helicopter?

Hunting from trees alone in the wilderness is a seriously dangerous event for us. It seems casual and easy but humans don't often land well from any height! Our safety systems use a rope from the safety strap in the tree at the stand that hangs to the ground. To this rope we snap in with a full body harness made by hunter safety systems. Then as you climb up you slide up the knot in the rope to the stand. You are locked into that safety rope the whole time all the way up and all the way down.

I've always been attentive to the safety of my hunters because I take so many. But after this injury event with my wife, I realized how really scary things can get in a hurry in the wilderness!

Spend the money and get a great comfortable harness to hunt in the trees!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)