Originally Posted by WPAHunter50
After reading about rock climbing harnesses on Archery Talk a few years ago I decided to try one. Use climbing stands only and attach before leaving the ground. I use a Black Diamond Vario Speed Harness which attaches in the front above the waist. There is no comparison when when test hanging, the rock climbing harness is much more comfortable. In addition in the event of a fall you will be facing the tree making self rescue much easier. There are youtube videos that show how well this works. After trying the rock climbing harness I would never go back to the conventional tree stand harness. As far as ropes I use the standard climbing rope with the prussic knot and it works great.

Facing the tree after you fall does sound like a plus but do you have any issues with those buckles making noise when you're standing or sitting??

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!