I've been brave enough to bed a few rifles over the last 2-3 months and I've had good results until today. I bedded a little Ruger Compact 223 just like I've done all the rest. I used Devcon for my bedding material and Kiwi neutral shoe polish as the release agent. I applied the release agent to the appropriate areas of the action and then applied it to the screw threads. After letting the bedding set up for about 36 hours I went to remove the action from the stock. Both screws holding the trigger guard released easily enough(I bedded the tang area also). The problem was the main action screw. After managing to bugger up the screw somewhat on my own, I decided to take it to my gunsmith. He had to heat the action screw with a small torch to finally get it to break loose. The action came out of the stock with no problems at that point.

Guess I'll make sure from this point on to get at least 2-3 coats of release agent on all screws!!

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.