I have one.

I like it because it has the twist to support heavy bullets, the Marlin does not, and the 77/44 can handle cast lead which is not recommended for the semi-auto Ruger.

It's not a tack-driver, expect an honest 2 to 3 MOA (all day long) but the occasional tight group will sneak in there. Given the intent and the effective range of the weapon, it will suffice. I floated the barrel to make the groups round.

It is very light and handy in the brush or a treestand, being the same length but lighter than a M94 Winchester.

The Rotary mag limits it to 1.6" oal, and that's all. If you were able to use a 1.775" oal like with the Redhawk, that would allow some additional performance with the heavies. But, I've found out that a .44 mag with a 300 grain LBT at 1575 fps ain't no slouch in the penetration department.

The trigger on mine was atrocious. I replaced it with a Volquartson (sp?).

I was surprised at the recoil. You look at that little cartridge and think "Ahhh, this thing's a powder-puff.", but recoil is almost on par with my .308. Not bad, mind you, it just surprised me the first time I shot it. I reckon when you vigorously chunk a heavy bullet one way, it pushes a light rifle back the other way to show you it's on its way.

It's really handy in cover like this.

[Linked Image]