Originally Posted by jwp475

If a cartridge / bullet combination fails to penetrate deeply enough from any angle needed to hit the vitails then it failed. If the bullet reaches the heart and the advasary continues on, instead of instant incapacitation that is simply the difference from one to another and no fault of the cartridge load combination, because it did the damage. This applies to rifle, shotgun and handgun.

I've had and seen satisfactory results using the lighter weight monos with a few deer and pig kills, even testing on 22 lb three quarters frozen freezer burnt turkeys. grin

They have ALL provided enough penetration to completely penetrate a mans chest from any angle, that being said, all remaining mags I have on my person are loaded with the heaviest for caliber FMJ flat point bullets that are also loaded to shoot to the sights with the lightweight mono hp's.

Also, the small meplat on the fmj-fp bullets provide straight line penetration [haven't been able to turn one in test media] and a bit bigger than bullet diameter wound channels, a win win in my small mind.

Trump Won!