perhaps a little more info would be helpful here to my original question. This is a hunting rifle that has been tuned: proper bedding, trigger stoned over a bit, good quality scope of known performance and a new douglas barrel that has only around 50 rounds or so thru it. However, it has been a challenging rifle to get shooting well. My original question wasn't intended to get into overall ways to improve accuracy of the rifle, but only to address the concentricity issue. I've read some conflicting info on how much out of round will actually cause measurable changes in hunting rifle accuracy, but getting the bullet started down the barrel straight seems to make sense. On the other hand, another rifle I've played with this year seems to shoot surprising well with like .010-.012 run-out which really surprised me. Because of the difficulty of getting this rifle to shoot as good as I'd like, I'm looking for all the simple inexpensive ways that just MIGHT affect accuracy. If I could see another 1/4" or so of improvement, I'd be worth it to me. Right now 3 shot groups, and this is with a bullet weight that would not be my first choice, runs around 1 1/4" at 100 yds. The bullet weight I'd prefer doesn't do that well.

So perhaps another question might be how much bullet run-out have you seen actually affect HUNTING rifle accuracy and to what degree?

Thanks again all for sharing your expertise.

Dan