The limit depends on the rifle. When I got my first of several concentricity gauges around many years ago, an RCBS Casemaster, the instructions said big game rifles rarely benefitted from bullet alignment less than .005”, and varmint rifles less than .003”. Over the next few years I found that to be basically correct, though it depends on the chamber. A custom big game rifle with a minimum SAAMI chamber can often benefit from .003” runout, or even less, but a factory big game rifle probably won’t. In my benchrest rifle I try for as close to zero runout, because it definitely benefits from as little as possible.

Aa a result of all that, for most big game rifles I don’t try to correct with the Tru-Angle that’s more than .007”. Above that and the corrected rounds still won’t shoot as well as uncorrected or minimally corrected rounds, probably because neck tension is compromised. With most varmint rifles I don’t try to correct runout more than .005”, for the same reason.

Dunno if that answered all your questions!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck