Originally Posted by StudDuck
I've worn a pair of Kayland Vertigo hikers for the past few years. I have zero complaints; the boots fit me very well, offer great support and have a higher heel, but unfortunately the boots are no longer imported.

Can anyone recommend a similar boot? How does the Kenetrek Bridger Ridge High compare?

StudDuck:

For decades I wore strong, heavy, all-leather hiking boots with lug soles. They were Kennetrek, or Asolo, or Danner top-of-the-line boots, with Vibram soles. Basically I thought that was the only way to get good ankle support. I still have a pair of Kennetreks and another pair of Danners that are in great shape and quite usable.

Last winter I bought what I thought was a pair of lightweight hikers by Oboz, for day hikes in the foothills around Colorado Springs. They are lightweight compared to what I have been using but by no means flimsy. They have good ankle support, a fiberglass shank, and "rocker" soles, so they are easy to walk in. I've used them on some heavy duty backpack trips this summer and my Danners and Kennetreks might just remain in the closet forever.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.