Originally Posted by ruffedgrouse
Studduck: Last year prior to heading to Kodiak Island for a goat hunt, I bought a pair of Lowa Tibets, as did my son who lives there. I was more than pleased. However, there were 2 additional things that stood out other than their performance:

1) despite all the recommendations saying how much time you should spend in the boots prior to the hunt, I honestly could have laced them up the day of the hunt and experienced no problems. They were-are incredibly comfortable.

) I bought them from an outfit called Lathrop and Sons in Indiana. Their expertise over the phone in sizing was perfect. I was a little concerned re: their final size recommendation, but I took it and it was perfect. They spent a LOT of time over the phone in getting me to measure my foot properly. This outfit is top notch.

I'm sure there are lots of top notch boots, but these are surely one of them.

My 2 cents worth.

I have Lowa boots on my "short list". I'd be more than happy to call the folks you dealt with.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.