Originally Posted by Homesteader
4th_point - I've a RAR Predator in .243W and while accuracy is just 'so,so' right now I'm sure hand-loading will make it better. Same for a Savage SS Warrior in 7mm-08.
LGS availability for 6.5 Creed ammo/components is just hit/miss (hate waiting on the big brown truck). Good as the 6.5 Creed is it needs a bigger audience and user group. It is bucking the 6.5 Swede and .260 rem after all. Homesteader

A couple weeks ago people were predicting that factory 140gr AMAX ammo would get scarce, especially with the release of the Ruger Precision rifle. Rumor had it that Horny was getting ready to make another batch but current inventory at that time was low everywhere. We literally watched it evaporate off of local shelves and online in a couple of days. Not sure if the Precision rifle has anything to do with it, but the Creed seems to have a decent following right now.

Personally, I like the 7mm-08 with 162 AMAX. And 243 on the low recoil end. I don't see myself getting a 6.5 Creed but can see the appeal.