Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Follow up on the Roberts project.

I took gunner's advice regarding the 100 gr. TTSX. He suggested loading for meat, not paper. He said to use Hybrid 100V and run that bullet at 3,200 fps.

Well, sometimes you can have your cake and eat it, too... cool

46 gr. 3,188 fps., .70" at a hundred (three shots).
47 gr. 3,266 fps., .438".
48 gr. 3,328 fsp., 1.7" and getting warm. Bolt lift was OK, case head with some bright spots from the bolt, primer OK.

It appears that the 100 TTSX at 3,200 fps ahead of 47 gr. Hybrid 100V is a great load, super accurate. This gun has done well with the 115 NBT, but the TTSX shot the best group so far. 100 and 115 gr. NPT's and the 117 SST's were pretty good, a few stand out loads, the TTSX is the winner.

I think I can settle of gunner's load and go kill stuff.

BTW, here are photos of a high classed shooting range. Note the magnetic gun rack stuck to the Z-71. I shoot three shots with big guns, five with smaller ones, let the hot ones cool in the rack with open bolts while I shoot a cool one. I can keep five or more guns going without any getting too hot and without losing time. This morning, I started early while it was sorta cool and shot until 11:30. I shot two batches of 10 targets in the far left distance, each target with two bulls.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Another bonus.

When shooting semi auto rifles, the truck bed becomes an effective case catcher, no need to attach anything to the gun.

DF