Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
[
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

God commended his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

That is not coercion.

So a threat to burn forever in a lake of brimstone is not a coercion?

No. That is fact.

Going back to my example of the bridge being out. If I tell you the bridge is out, and that if you continue your coarse you will fall off and likely die.

Is that coercion? Or giving you the information for makeing a reasonable choice?

Hell was created for the Devil and the fallen angles. Hell hath enlarged itself to receive those who reject Christ.

Again, what you call coercion...is just plain facts.[/quote]

The facts are:
God created Hell, with perfect foreknowledge that it would be used for more then just Satan and his followers, and that he would be sending human souls to hell to suffer forever. God created the rules by which souls are sent to hell. If you translate that into English, yes, God "blew up the bridge", and tells you to worship him, or God will burn you forever.

This is equivalent to God pouring the gasoline over your head then standing next to you with a lit match while commanding you to love him, or it's "just a fact", that he will drop the match. These are the actions of a twisted psychopath, not a loving divine being.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell