Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
I am not suggesting a Static Universe, e hypothesis.

So when you said "something", you were not referring to the Universe. Got it.

When discussing the origins of the Universe, I prefer to as the question in this manner:

How did our Universe come to exist? Or How did our Universe reach it's current state? What is the history and future of our Universe?

The point is, we want to ask the question in a that pre-supposes as little as possible. I find this can lead to a more honest discussion.

Lets talk about one of the common presuppositions that we hear, that the something, or someone that created the Universe always existed, however, if there was the result of a creative item, it only had to exist long enough to get things started. Imagine a cosmic particle that popped into existence, and this event of it coming to exist started the Universe rolling, but this event also destroyed the cosmic particle. Likewise, who is to say a creator god did not sacrifice himself during the act of Universe creation?

Even a simple idea if not worded carefully, can be full of presuppositions.

AS,

Please ignor the title. Look at the first interview with Lennox. He says it very well.

Empty space weighs something, and the total net energy of our Universe is within a cosmic fluctuation of zero.

Pretty mind bending, isn't it?

As for Lennox's assertion that Krauss only admits that "nothing isn't nothing" in the last few pages of his book just isn't true. This greatly disappointing me since John Lennox typically is not one to resort to out and out falsehoods to make a point.

The entire 4th chapter of Krauss's book is dedicated to the new scientific understanding of what we previously considered to be "nothing". The rest of Lennox's argument in the video is just an act of obfuscation (mixed with some cherry picking), which is really below a great mind such as Lennox.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/26/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell