Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Not a fan of "Homeland Defense Rifles". I guess you could call me a FUD, cause all mine got wood stocks and blued steel. Never was a fan of the .223 for anything bigger than varmints either. Yes, I know they'll kill bigger stuff, but face it, a lot of these "Cornfield Comandos" aren't as good as they think they are. MFR, Modern Fantasy Rifle. I like it.

BUT, if these black rifles with no sporting purpose bring in more shooters into the sport, regardless of whether they hunt or not, that's a win for us. More shooters equals more second amendment supporters.

Besides, the 2nd Amendment ain't about your 700 Remington or my 77 Ruger. It's about military style rifles and home/self defense.
7mm

My Modern Sporting Rifle is not a 223, is not tactical and is not black. If 2720fps from a 7mm 140gr Nosler BT is not a 100% capable deer round i don't know what is. I'm only 20fps or so from 7mm08 factory ammo and some consider the 7mm08 the best all around North American hunting cartridge. The AR-15 is not a caliber its a platform capable of many different cartridges and many different purposes.

My 7mm Valkyrie AR in the AR-15 platform
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by MSRHunt; 09/21/15.