Something is amiss with the "broken" Aimpoints mentioned above. Not that they can't go down, but multiple ones having issues means that something else is happening.

EOtechs have had major issues since the first version. Those who say that they have never had a problem are the same people that shoot a couple magazines through a DPMS and claim it's as good as Colt/BCM/etc. every single one that I have owned or been issued which is several dozen, from before they were even known as EoTechs, have had major issues.

EoTechs have been the standard issue red dot for SOCOM for years. Their problems are WELL known. The reason that guys us d them are that they are issued and despite what people believe, Green Berets/SEALs/Rangers/etc. are NOT gun guys and could give two flips what they use. The second reason that they were/are used- is life is quite different when one can just turn it in when it breaks. I still use them for very select reasons/situations, but if I even have a bad dream that it's broke I'll turn it in and get a new one.

Aimpoint for the win and by miles.