Originally Posted by sourdough44
Through a relative I may find myself in Canada next Fall for a deer hunt. The numbers may be down but it's more of a family and friend event, the big buck isn't essential.

I was just thinking about the favorite firearm, which would be my 284 Winchester. I bought it used about 10 years ago, from a respectable fellow. It's a very small likelihood but I have read about arms brought into Canada that have come up stolen with a SN search, as is required on the border crossing form.

Again, I have no reason to believe this gun was stolen, bought legally FTF off an older gentleman. That said, is my tinfoil hat to tight to contemplate my 2nd best rifle, a compact 7mm-08? I realize only I can answer this for myself. Is this something anyone else has ever thought about, heard, or run into?

Just buy a "throw away". Most guys here, that I know of, buy Remington 700's (for dirt cheap) for this purpose... wink Chances are, they won't even run the serial number, if it is ugly enough... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA