Good way to make brass, but the 357 max. brass can be fun to find also :o). How many steps are you taking to make it? Anealing in between?

I was a 4198 fan in the caliber for years until a bench rest customer of mine got me to try IMR 8208 XBR. I like it much better. Totally consistent, easy to measure and very accurate.
I have an old 1959 Krico copy of the early mini Mauser BRNO (ZKW465), in 222 that's my favorite coyote gun.

I had a guy at the range question the 222's accuracy, and I referred him to the record books.. Probably set and broke more records than all the other 22 CF's combined.

Originally Posted by mart
It came with 100 rounds of brass but they had no headstamp. Though they were unfired cases, several of them had cracked necks. I have been playing with 357 Maximum brass to make new brass for it. It comes out .010 short but that's really no problem. It makes up perfectly otherwise. I haven't had a chance to range test any of that brass yet.

I have to agree on the 222. This is my fifth one and I'm sure not my last. I regret having traded off a Remington 600 in 222 many years ago. It was amazingly accurate, liked just about any bullet and 4198 and was a delight to carry other than some knuckle head put the bolt on the wrong side.

Greg
"An abundance of information can exacerbate ignorance if the information is of poor quality" Tom Robbins
http://classicsportingguns.com/