Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
as far as the 2-7 power range goes for a walking in the woods tree rat rifle i think you're spot on. i have a Leupold 2-7 on my M77/22 for that very same reason. that being said i wish i would have picked up the weaver instead. for me the Leupold is too short length wise to get the cheek weld i want with my stock and i have to rubber neck it to get a good view. since i have disc C2 through C6 fused it goes without saying i get neck strain real easy now. nothing wrong optically with that Leupold, it;s just physically too short to mount proper for my needs. the weaver was about a good inch or more longer as i recall last time i looked into it. i plan on picking up one in the near future and i guess i'll give the hand me down Leupold to the son for his 22. i haven't told him that yet though.

I don't know what mount system your using but have you thought about a pic rail system to give you more ring location/spacing options?

Just a thunk.

Dave.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org