Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by rost495
Nope, all in all the hours spent on the road are more dangerous.

How many friends have you lost? We can compare to how many dead bodies I"ve pulled out of vehicles? I"ve pulled 6 dead ones out in the last 2 weeks...

Yes on shooting bears, but then certain scenarios that folks should walk away from IMHO. But when you push things...

How many bowhunters have you had to shoot bears for?

Not stirring the pot either, just a simple observation overall and a serious set of questions.

If you only include major airlines you are correct... start talking bush flying and all that goes out the window PER MANHOUR IN THE AIR. Step from their to private pilots and the numbers are vastly different.

Far more vehicles pass through your AO everyday than take off from Lake Hood. Got to keep the fruit the same color...

The last pilot/friend fatality was in June.

Very sorry to hear about the friend, and I get the apples to apples things.

The seriousness of bears just doesn't bother me. I don't ignore it, but if it is, it is.. as simple as that. We all go sometimes. I doubt I'll go by bear but if so, that was what was supposed to happen.

Don't think i'll hunt em with an 80 ttsx though. LOL.

Seriously I don't know how many man hours per fatality, but I know I drag out probably 10 to 20 a year, and more that die later on. But we are tiny small town USA, so we don't see as much traffic as others.

Regardless, I'd do a bowhunt, without a backup, my choice, no big deal. Roll the dice lets sort it out.

I'm actually more scared of a cow moose caught off guard with a calf... but I guess I'm weird.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....