Lets see now, how do you know this... about the dog. LOL.

He went on a trail last week he lost for a bit. But the guys needed help, we ran so fast, that I can't look, but the guys followed where we ran with lights, picked up the blood trail again.
We picked up a hot hard trail about half a mile away while walking a creek, Tiger climbed and drug me up a 12 foot or so mostly vertical bank and then led me on 4/10 mile dead run that about did me in... and into a thicket that we couldn't easily work at night... so I said back out, come back in the morning... I'm convinced the deer was in there or went through there.

Supposedly they searched it after 11 inches of rain that night, the next morning. Nothing. A week later they found the deer dead, somewhat close to taht area, back about 400 yards off to one side of the thick stuff.

Hair was still fine on the hide mostly, IE not slipping much, our days have been in the 80s.... and enough rain off and on that he certainly did not die right away unfortunately.

Worst part is if they had simply left and let the deer alone overnight he'd have been just over a fence dead.. 70 yards or so from the shot..

I"m getting mostly to the point that if Tiger doesn't find the dead deer, the deer isn't dead. Almost to the point of 100% no way he will miss a dead one.

Bothers me though, when he deviates to try to kill an armadillo midstream.

And still to young IMHO to let him run off leash.... don't trust what he would do to other live animals, IE chase a live deer, rabbit etc... or even get himself in trouble with yotes or such... Garmin GPS is still in the future, but he works awful easy on a 25 foot lead so far that why change what works..

OBVIOUSLY if anyone has input on this part of the OT thread...I'm ears. LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....