Originally Posted by saddlering
Im drawn to a marlin 375 rifle not sure why, its in pretty good shape , But it going to to need a new butt stock, its been repaired but poorly, its shootable I think, havnt owned or shot one! I know ammo is hard to find and big bucks but I hand load. Was big into 45-70s for a long time, kinda want a big bore again, but something diffrent. price is low and i can swap for it. it sat next to an older 336 marlin 30-30 and the butt stocks looked the same down to the pistol grip cap. any good thoughts ? down side ect be helpful! It would be a deer rifle for hunting woods. wink

As loaded by Winchester/Olin, the 200 grain factory load makes it a 35 Rem and 35 Rem ammo is much easier to find than 375 Win. I used to shoot the 375 in a Marlin and a couple of Savages, even shot a deer or 2 with it, and think that it is as good as the 30-30, 32WS, and 35Rem that Marlin has offered in the 336 for shooting deer in the woods, but I don't think that it is better, or at least enough better, to offset the generally higher cost of the rifles, ammo, or components.