Originally Posted by APredator
Originally Posted by sbhooper
How bad is the 6x42 in fading light?

I am in the same quandary as bcraig, and this is largely the thing I am concerned with. Low light performance is critical to me, and will likely be to bcraig also. Both are great scopes, no doubt, but what are the differences? The 1-4 is illuminated, sure, but is the light gathering ability there to make it useful? Does the 6x gather enough light to make illumination during shooting hours a non-issue? Or do both have issues in low light?

I don't know about bcraig, but I hunt meat, and do not take shots at running game, so 1x is not really a big deal. But the scope has to perform from 15-400 yards in bad weather and less than optimal light. Durability is a concern for me as well, much like bcraig, but neither scope is known to be weak in that area. So the evolving question seems to be, which scope is better for the conditions bcraig put forth, taking into account the lighting and weather conditions that will be present?

100 percent with you on the performance thing. I am a little concerned about the fine reticle in low-light.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.