Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by joken2

Something that always struck me as rather curious as well as quite sad, though, based on a good number of his own posts over the years concerning his seeming ever present financial struggles, is how someone with his writing skills, technical knowledge, obvious high intellect, and especially with his advanced level of education, could wind up with so little in retirement income.

This.

And if he's in such poor health why don't his children help him out?

I just cant fathom slobbering over someone the way folks at the fire do over him.
I've seen people who worked all their lives to build stuff for themselves and their kids lose it all due to healthcare concerns. In this day and age of the ACA, I don't know why somebody would even ask. Trying to stay alive costs a helluva lot of money once you have some health issues and most folks do if they live long enough.

As for his kids helping him out, maybe they do. Who knows? The medical industry, insurance bigwigs and government will drain as many families as they can when somebody gets down health-wise. Maybe his kids have their own kids to think of. If I get in such shape, I'll be wanting my kids to think of their own before me. Sad, but it's just how it is.

Lots of people on here really know it all.

Thanks!