I have a 1903 5xxxx sn. M1895 in .30-40 Krag- it is the Sporting Rifle with the std. 24" round barrel, 100% as pictured on page 80 of the Schwing Pocket Guide book- published 2004 by Krause Publications- 90% original blue, no rust or pits, bore like a mirror, 95% shellac finish on buttstock and forearm- NO buggered or FUBARed screws, original steel crescent curve bp- No alterations from factory std (scope mounts, sling swivel studs, etc.) My 2014- 35th edition of the Blue Book (S.P. Fjestad) shows this in 90% condition as having a value of $4300- is this a realistic asking price today? I have fotos available, and also, for those who peruse the Cabela's Gun Library BBS- Cabela's Gun Library in Christiana DE has one almost identical to mine- except mine does NOT have the blueing wear on the receiver top bar, as does their M1895--reference number is 45903125. If you wish to see the fotos, send me a pm through this BBS-thanks for the input.

"I have clinched and closed with the naked North, I've learned to defy and defend!"