Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I am not for immigrants in general unless they bring some skill that is needed. We are full up. Also, what good did it do for all our own parents to follow what the scientists were saying about over-crowding when the damned government who were saying to follow what the scientists were saying, then opened the gates and let out country become just as overcrowded as most others. The whole economic problem today is too few resources for too many folks-just like everywhere else.

That said, I am all for allowing Christians from the Middle East to move here, because they are damned sure in danger where they are at. The whole of the problem is people trying to dance around the religious issue in hopes of claiming our laws are something they are not-perfect. They never have been. The sad fact is that Islam itself is an anathema to both a free society and a safe one. I am a Christian myself and fully hope everybody will accept Christ while knowing that they won't. That said, I feel that anybody should be able to have any religion or no religion that they choose. But if you choose to be a Muslim and go 'round cuttin' off heads and [bleep], then you shouldn't get to come here and live around polite folks who offer you free food and lodging.

I don't want any of 'em.

Its time to close our borders and stop with this 1840's mentality of Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me

that was when we were an agricultural country and had land that needed settling. We welcomed those people because it was our benefit for them to push our borders. We were all equal.

Now we're a different country where every resident has a financial obligation to the government that must be paid.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings