I remember Joe Falcon as he was president when I first started at Savage. He was a tall slender well groomed gentleman who took over after Fred Hickey had passed away. I do not know who engraved the rifle, for certain it was done outside of the company. The wood however was carved by Mitzie Bielen who was our A.H. Fox gunsmith and was the only one who had the skills to do fancy work. The scrolls on the wood are identical in part to a reproduction Stevens Favorite that hangs in the company museum.

Gene, you had brought to light with me this court case regarding Arthur Savage a couple of years ago. I furnished you copies of the documents that led to his dismissal. Why don't you let the forum members in on that circumstance.
It is true that Arthur was not the founder of the company. The founders were a group of investors. Arthur was an employee and was employed as general manager, inventor, traveling man and inspector and was paid $30.00 per week in all capacities. He also received royalties for the 1895 and 1899 under contract on a diminishing , sliding scale with the exclusive right to use his name in the production of arms and ammunition. JTC