Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I used to handload 125 and 130 gr. pointed sp's to 2450-2500 fps in my old Savage 340 bolt action .30-30. I eventually quit using them on deer and went back to 150 and 170 grain bullets because the lighter ones didn't give me the through and through penetration I wanted on a consistent basis. Yet somehow, miraculously, 125 grain sp bullets going 100 fps or so slower out of the 7.62x39 will penetrate like the dickens. My fuggin' azz.

Sounds like you have a personal problem with your azz; either fuggin' it, or talking out of it.

As for the 7.62x39, I've yet to have one of those bullets not fully penetrate and exit the deer I've shot with that round. The blood trails, on the three that have actually moved from where they were shot, were excellent.

Oh, and those bullets you loaded were not the same in design as the ones in the x39; neither in construction or in velocity performance window. There'd be a few hints there, but I doubt you'll figure them out.
I doubt like hell there are any inner belts, partitions or anything fancy as far as construction in those cheap, factory loaded bullets you've been shooting in your x39. The fact is, the bullets I was using in my .30-30 were most likely nearly identical in construction and you don't know any different. Hornady has always touted the 130 grain spire point as a dual purpose varmint/light big game bullet {there's a HINT for you azzhole}. Any jacketed bullet designed to expand at a measly 2300 fps is going to be fairly light jacketed and soft cored. Speed that same bullet up to 3000 + fps and it's instantly transformed into a rapidly expanding varmint bullet. The 130 gr. Hornady's I recovered from deer were picture perfect mushrooms and retained a good portion of their original weight. The fact is, you don't have a fuggin' clue what you're talking about or what I know or have used so you might better try impressing somebody else there jerkoff.