Originally Posted by Ringman
Gentlemen,

for an old line follower of the mighty War God YHWH, the soul enters the physical body at the first breath of LIFE.

i guess interpretations vary. and so they should.

Gus, don't confuse them with facts from their own holy book. There are also specific passages that endorse abortion, but that would just make their heads explode.

Please document with chapter and verses. While you're at it, please leave out explanations.

Well,, maybe he can or maybe he can't. My head is not exploding and I doubt yours is either.

“Misinformed unbelievers often pull little-known verses out of context in an attempt to smear Christianity. They present these verses as “evidence” that Christians are hypocrites, picking and choosing what Scriptures they want to follow or ignore.”

Further, they take these verses and provide their own interpretation of what the verses mean or pertain to. Simply poor and tainted scholarship. Their purpose is not to understand but to mock and sway those who are unsure of what they are reading.

“”Eisegesis”, the pouring of their own meaning into the verses, is vital to their hard set error. They impose their own interpretation on the verse rather than discover the meaning of the verse intended by the author. The Old Testament is a mystery to them. The concept of the different covenants seems incomprehensible to them. The concept that the OT law is composed of ceremonial, civil and moral law is difficult for them to accept as it does not fill their need to misinterpret and mock.

Be that as it may, they cannot or choose not to accept some basic concepts of Biblical interpretation. This may by choice for some and for others it may be that they simply cannot understand that which must be spiritually discerned. This allegation of course enrages them.

For some, the key to their rage is Jesus, the stumbling block. The question may be “Who sits on the throne of your life? Are you the king or is Jesus the King?

Satan, blinded to reality by his pride, said “I will be like the Most High.” He tried to dethrone God and failed. We as sinful human beings do the same thing when we place our own thoughts and desires above those of the “Most High.”

Of course there is a quite a difference between our fate and that of Satan’s.

TF

Last edited by TF49; 11/29/15.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”