Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by 222Rem
I appreciate a consistent pull too, and therefore 1911's and Glocks are my favorites. My runner up would be a worked over BHP...................... and I predict YOURS will be a CZ75 carried condition one. grin

Ding, Ding, Ding!

I do really enjoy the CZs.

If forced to carry a traditional DA/SA, I think the CZ would be hard to beat, but the ability to carry the CZ 75 cocked and locked makes it a standout favorite.

Plus I have played with some highly tuned CZs that had a DA that was phenomenal. Quite frankly I am surprised that they are not more popular.

They fit almost everyone's hands. While the DA trigger pull can be long for those with short fingers, the ability to reconfigure with short triggers takes care of that issue quite nicely.

The first CZ-75 I ever shot was love at first sight. It was a first year "short rail" CZ that was literally smuggled into the US, and I was all excited to shoot the "commie-contraband" pistol.

The fit and finish was first rate, function was of course perfect (even though the "short rail" CZ's had some issues), and accuracy was in the 2.5" range at 25 yards; overall, a very nice pistol. But the DA pull was absolutely amazing. It was around 9 pounds and buttery smooth. I don't know if it had had work done to it or if all the first year CZ75's were that smooth, but it was simply amazing.

I really fell in love with that pistol, but since this was 1984, I just couldn't have one. So when Springfield brought in Solothurn made CZ75 copies, I bought two. They were beautiful, but they had horrible parts breakage problems.

To this day, I really have the hots for a CZ75 Short Rail; one day I'll scratch that itch.