Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Wow lots of different ideas here, but it seems like there is a common theme with lower profile capped turrets. I spoke with Chris this morning and he said he would do a special run for the Campfire of fixed 6X scopes if we like. One idea was a thick duplex reticle with capped moa turrets. Your thoughts on this ? Designing a new reticle or modifications to a heavy/thicker duplex reticle with hold offs costs money and time and judging by all the responses here, I doubt we could get enough people to agree on one design anyway. So, as they say, penny for your thoughts.

SWFA SS 6 X with capped MOA turrets and a thicker style duplex ?

A limited run is an awesome idea but Not this, it's the robust elevation dial that makes the brand...

On the cheap, 6x42 Mil/Mil FFP AO. Mil Quad with .1? Mil lines, low profile windage. Stick with the proven Japanese optics manufacturing professionals.

The Mil quad is such a great reticle. They've already made different thicknesses, .06, .07 right? So just beef it up to .1 and downsize and/or cap the windage dial. Maybe the center section could be narrower too but I don't have the experience to know. A lower elevation dial like the one on the 1-4 would be aok too but not necessary. Nor is zero stop, if they left it alone we can mod it as is. MOA is of zero interest after trying Mil/Mil...

All the reticles you see in the SS line were NOT designed by the Japanese "professionals". They were designed by SWFA with input from several different sources, one who still posts here and another that used to post here but no longer does.