The Model 70 Featherweight in .280 to me would be awesome. I have a Remington Model 700 in the Limited Edition .280 anniversary model black laminate, stainless barrel and action and I have been offered more Times than any rifle I own to buy it from me. It has a .24 inch barrel and is one of the most accurate rifles I have ever seen. I used it in the field when we were doing a glacier documentary as some thought the dangers of bears was significant. We did in truth see a lot of bears and they never showed any interest in what we were doing. The rifle got fired during those trips about 80 times just to make sure the sight in was still OK. It got subjected to some very heavy handling. There are no marks, rust, or anything to show for all the scuffles. It is a very attractive rifle, I did find though laying on a ice block it was difficult to find as it was almost like a snow camo pattern! I took it back to the home firing range and it shot extremely amazingly small groups right in the center of the bullseye at 200 yards!