Originally Posted by JohnChilds
I deprime with a Frankford Aresenal depriming tool. Works slick, and doesn't work the brass at all. The brass goes into the FL Die one time, and as stated above, has the decapping rod/expander ball as high up in the die body as possible, so when the expander ball is drawn through the case mouth, the neck is still supported by the die body.

As mentioned above, I'm not having problems or worries at this stage. Everything is hunky dory! My process to this point has resulted in brass that's very straight, and was pre-sorted/culled for neck thickness uniformity. What I'm trying to see is if anyone, JB included, has a trick way of getting the bullets to seat straight with standard dies. Especially flat base bullets like Hornady Interlocks and Nosler Partitions. My Comp Dies do a good job, but I have a butt load of standard dies, and don't really want to have to go purchase these expensive dies for all the calibers I load for.

Mathman gave me some pretty good advice, by suggesting setting the standard seater up to only get the bullet started into the case mouth. By doing this, the brass neck would be mostly supported in the die body, starting the bullet seating straight. Then afterwards, setting the die up to seat to the correct depth on a second pass. Seems logical, and I'll probably give this a shot.

Thanks for the replies.

A slight flare of the case mouth can make a significant difference in case run out when seating flat base bullets. I've used the lee universal case expander and the Lyman M-die. You don't need or want too much bell of the case mouth.

Politicians and Diapers both need to be changed often, and for the same reason!