Originally Posted by johnw
I dunno Shrapnel,

I'd guess that a lot of guys care less about groups with a handgun than you seem to believe. Especially so with defense or duty weapons.

My own 1911, a budget model with sight upgrade, shoots so-so groups at anything other than very short range. I do manage to get the first shot out of the holster pretty much right on the sights, and it is extremely reliable. And it's all I'll ever ask from a defensive pistol.

Thanks for being realistic. I don't spend time shooting groups, I try to get a gun hitting point of aim. It doesn't sound that much different but it is. The guns are nice looking and packaged well. The triggers could use some work and everyone knows a good trigger can help a gun shoot.

Reliability has a lot to do with these guns and I didn't have any problems with that, but more time needs to be spent checking other nuances of each gun. The magazines were well made at the mouth so you didn't have sharp edges that hurt when you loaded the magazine.

There is a lot to look at when you consider testing these things, after more shooting the guns could settle down a bit and groups could improve...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]