I’m looking at the Ruger Bisley in 480 Ruger and saw Max's (Whitworth) recent write up in one of the gun pubs (Handgunner?). I currently have a BFR 475 L that I shoot well. My ‘but’ is that it is giant. It has the 7.5” barrel which actually measures 8” and with the plow grip is a really large revolver. I’m still really considering selling the BFR and buying the Bisley. I have a SS Bisley 5.5” barrel 45 colt that I really like and shoot well. I run BTB WFNGC 300 gr through it at ~ 1300 ft/sec. Recoil isn’t bad at all.

I’d really like to have a ‘matched’ pair of Bisleys – one in 45 colt, the other in 480 Ruger. The 480 will have a true 6.5” barrel and weighs a bit less. Calculated recoil is about the same between my BFR loads and similar loads in the Ruger. Plus is has a smaller footprint than the BFR.

To those that have handled the new Bisley 480 – are the new 480 Bisley’s the same gun as the 45 colt except a slightly longer cylinder and 5 shot capacity? Any other observations to note on the Bisley?
Thanks.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.