Very different rifles. The original Ruger 458 Win was built on the M77 tang safety model. While not a true CRF that purists demand for a DG rifle, IME it's a reliable rifle that has fed all types of ammo I've used in it so far. This rifle was built on the standard-length M-77 action.

Ruger did offer a 458 Lott in their RSM Magnum model, a true CRF rifle in the Express pattern. This one was expressly designed for the 375 H&H length cartridges, and offered in the 375 H&H, 416 Rigby & 458 Lott. There may have been plans for a 404J, but unfortunateky it didn't make it to production. IME, at least in the 458 Lott, the RSM a very capable DG rifle. If I ever get a chance at another - in either 416 Rigby or 458 Lott - I'll snap it up.

I have no experience with the CZ, so can't comment specifically on it. It is a CRF, that I believe is built on a long action patterned after the Mauser 98.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now